Colloqiua, Workshops and Lectures, etc.
HIGHLIGHTS from 2017/2018
- Cognitive Science hosted David Rand from Yale: The Cognitive Science of Fake News
- Psychology hosted Gary Lupyan, from The University of Wisconsin:From perception to symbolic thought: how language augments human cognition
- IBACS hosted Tim Miller from UConn's Digital Media and Design Dept: Science and Story: The role of narrative in communicating scientific research.
- SLHS hosted Julius Fredriksson, University of South Carolina with: "Using Electrical Brain Stimulation to Improve Aphasia Treatment Outcome"
- IBACS proudly co-sponsored: "How we make and understand drawings: A two day forum"
- BIRC hosted Evelina Fedorenko, PhD Assistant Professor Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General with a talk on: The cognitive and neural architecture of Human Language
- BIRC hosted Stephen M. Wilson from Vanderbilt with a talk on: Imaging the language network in vascular and neurodegenerative aphasias
UConn Logic Group
The UConn Logic Group meets every other week for the Logic Colloquium, to hear talks by local and visiting speakers on topics in logical studies. Check out their schedule on the Logic Group Website
IBACS Meet-and-Speak Event
The CT Institute for the Brain & Cognitive Sciences holds an annual two-day Meet-and-Speak event where affiliated faculty (from the Storrs campus and UConn Health Center) will give 15 minute presentations describing, in accessible language, the research they have carried out, or propose carrying out, with seed funding previously awarded by IBACS. Graduate Students affiliated with the Institute will be performing short “datablitz” style presentations about their involvement in Seed Funded or related research. The event will provide an opportunity to learn more about the diverse research that IBACS affiliates are engaged in, and will provide a forum for cross-disciplinary networking.