Colloqiua, Workshops and Lectures, etc.
- November 1: BIRC hosts BOLD Brown Bag, at 9am in BOUS 162 with Jeff Kinsella-Shaw /Adam Lesley: TMS/DTI/MRI measures of motor Ctx reorg as a consequence of training
- November 3: Cognitive Science Hosts David Rand from Yale at 4pm in OAK 109: The Cognitive Science of Fake News
- November 8: BIRC hosts BOLD Brown Bag, at 9am in BOUS 162 with Monica Ly: Machine learning of DTI and resting state fMRI data
- November 15: BIRC hosts BOLD Brown Bag, at 9am in BOUS 162 with Kayleigh Ryherd /Nicole Landi: Reading and MRI
- November 15: Psychology hosts Gary Lupyan, Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, at 3:30pm in BOUS A106:From perception to symbolic thought: how language augments human cognition
- November 29: BIRC hosts BOLD Brown Bag, at 9am in BOUS 162 with Timothy Michaels: Simultaneous fMRI/EEG in Schizophrenia
- November 29: PSY hosts Neuroscience in Storrs, from 2-8:30pm at Konover Auditorium, Dodd Building
- November 29: PSY hosts a Living Lab Information Session, at 12:00 in Laurel 106
- Dec 1: PSY hosts a Living Lab Information Session, at 3:00 in Laurel 106
- Dec 1: Cognitive Science hosts Philip Corlett from Yale at 4pm in OAK 109: Topic TBA
- Dec 1: BIRC hosts BOLD Brown Bag, at 9am in BOUS 162 with Yanina Prystauka: Object state-change processing in language comprehension: an fMRI study
- Dec 6: IBACS/SLAC host Tim Miller, at 3:30pm in Konover Auditorium for a talk: Science and Story - The role of narrative in modern research
- Dec 8: ECOM hosts Katherine McAuliffe at 4pm in Homer Babbidge Library 4/209 (the UCHI Conference Room): Children's Enforcement of Fairness Norms
UConn Logic Group
The UConn Logic Group meets every other week for the Logic Colloquium, to hear talks by local and visiting speakers on topics in logical studies. Check out their schedule on the Logic Group Website
IBACS Meet-and-Speak Event
Date: TBD, May 2018
Location: UConn Alumni Center
The CT Institute for the Brain & Cognitive Sciences will be holding a two-day Meet-and-Speak event where affiliated faculty (from the Storrs campus and UConn Health Center) will give 15 minute presentations describing, in accessible language, the research they have carried out, or propose carrying out, with seed funding previously awarded by IBACS. Graduate Students affiliated with the Institute will be performing short “datablitz” style presentations about their involvement in Seed Funded or related research.
The event will provide an opportunity to learn more about the diverse research that IBACS affiliates are engaged in, and will provide a forum for cross-disciplinary networking.
We shall be providing a buffet lunch, and there will be a poster session each day as well.
Each day will start at around 9:00 (with coffee/tea) and finish at 3:30, with a break at 11:00, a sandwich lunch provided approximately 12:30-1:30 and discussion/poster session from 2:30-3:30.
Registration will begin in April, 2018.
Click here to review select Presentations from the 2017 Meet and Speak.
**This page is protected by NetID. If you wish to view the page please send the your UConn NetID to email@example.com with a request to be added to the Access List.