AI/Computational Modeling Meet & Speak: May 6th, 2020
To view the recordings of this event, please visit: ibacs.uconn.edu/events-may6/
IBACS Meet & Speak 2020
Dear Research Community,
In light of recent University and state announcements about the COVID-19/Coronavirus, we've decided to postpone our Meet & Speak event. We will be reaching out to all speakers to try and find a date in the Fall that will work for our internal speakers as well as our external speaker. We apologize to our speakers and attendees for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you, and please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
CT Institute for the Brain and Cognitive Sciences
Colloqiua, Workshops and Lectures, etc.
HIGHLIGHTS from 2017/2018
- Cognitive Science hosted David Rand from Yale: The Cognitive Science of Fake News
- Psychology hosted Gary Lupyan, from The University of Wisconsin:From perception to symbolic thought: how language augments human cognition
- IBACS hosted Tim Miller from UConn's Digital Media and Design Dept: Science and Story: The role of narrative in communicating scientific research.
- SLHS hosted Julius Fredriksson, University of South Carolina with: "Using Electrical Brain Stimulation to Improve Aphasia Treatment Outcome"
- IBACS proudly co-sponsored: "How we make and understand drawings: A two day forum"
- BIRC hosted Evelina Fedorenko, PhD Assistant Professor Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General with a talk on: The cognitive and neural architecture of Human Language
- BIRC hosted Stephen M. Wilson from Vanderbilt with a talk on: Imaging the language network in vascular and neurodegenerative aphasias
UConn Logic Group
The UConn Logic Group meets every other week for the Logic Colloquium, to hear talks by local and visiting speakers on topics in logical studies. Check out their schedule on the Logic Group Website