The Connecticut Institute for the Brain and Cognitive Sciences (IBACS) is excited to announce the new IBACS Publication Award, which will provide a lump-sum up to $1.5K to cover all publication costs, or, up to 50% of the costs with a $3K cap on IBACS contribution. We are aware that publication costs are sometimes very high and are only increasing. Our goal is to help get work published into journals that the PI would otherwise not be able to publish in. The Institute’s ability to offer these awards is not guaranteed and will be reviewed on an annual basis. Any costs over the award are the responsibility of the recipient. Recipients may not apply for a second award within the same academic year and priority will be given to applicants applying for the first time. This award program operates with a rolling deadline. Once funds are exhausted, the webpage will be updated and the application will close.
- The work must be already approved for publication.
- The applicant must be a current graduate student, faculty, or post-doc.
- Proof of financial need is required. Our goal is to help get work published into journals that the PI would otherwise not be able to publish in.
- If the IBACS award will not cover all costs, an explanation of how the remainder will be covered is required.
- Publications resulting from work directly supported by IBACS will be given funding priority.
- IBACS affiliates will be given funding priority.
- The applicant is not eligible to receive a second award within the same academic year.
- IBACS is willing to review different scenarios on a case-by-case basis. Potential applicants may inquire by contacting the IBACS Coordinator, Crystal Mills at: email@example.com.
Award notification and administration:
Recipients of an IBACS Publication Award will be sent an award letter via email and if a grad student, a copy will also be sent to their advisor. Costs should be charged directly to the IBACS account. Questions regarding the IBACS Publication Award Program may be sent to the IBACS Coordinator.