The conference will bring together researchers from linguistics, philosophy, cognitive science, music theory, dance theory, anthropology, and neurobiology with the aim of integrating recent findings and insights from diverse perspectives concerning the significance of expression in music, dance, and language, the importance of systematic structure in these domains, and the interrelations between expressive, musical, and communicative capacities and their relevance for understanding the emergence of language (in ontogeny and phylogeny).
Our invited speakers are:
· TecumsehFitch (Cognitive Biology, University of Vienna)
· KathleenHiggins (Philosophy, University of Texas, Austin)
· RayJackendoff (Linguistics, Tufts University)
· JerroldLevinson (Philosophy, University of Maryland)
· ElizabethMargulis (Music Cognition, Princeton University)
· IsabellePeretz (Psychology, University of Montreal)
· David Poeppel (Neuroscience, NYU)
· Ljiljana Progovac (Linguistics, Wayne State University)
Both the Poster and Call for Papers/Posters are attached. Please pass on/post as appropriate. And please save the dates!
The conference website: https://elm.clas.uconn.edu
Dorit Bar-On, ECOM Director
Aliyar Ozercan, ECOM Coordinator